If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and class to your home, installing a ceiling rose is a great way to do it. They were designed originally with vents in them, to disperse the smoke emitting from coal fires.
Today, ceiling roses are used as ornamental fixtures that mount directly onto the ceiling and can be used to support light fittings, fans, or other similar items. While installing a ceiling rose may seem daunting at first, it’s actually quite straightforward when you break it down into steps. Let’s take a look at what you need to know about installing our ceiling roses!
What You’ll Need
Before you get started, make sure you have all the necessary tools and materials on hand. You’ll need:
- A small hand saw or utility blade
- Adhesive (we recommend Selley’s Liquid Nails)
- A power drill and drywall screws (for added support)
- Optional: Paint – if you’re planning on giving your ceiling rose a pop of colour
Installing Your Authentic Additions Ceiling Rose
Once you have all your materials, the installation process is relatively simple. Here’s what to do:
- Decide where you want to install the ceiling rose. While ceiling roses are commonly installed with light fixtures in living areas, you can also install them in other areas like the bathroom.
- If you require a hole in your ceiling rose to fit a light fixture, simply use a small hand saw or utility knife to create a hole in the centre. Ensure that the hole isn’t bigger than your fixture but is just sufficient to allow for the electrical wiring to feed through.
- Apply the adhesive onto the reverse side of the ceiling rose, around the edges.
- Simply stick it to the area you want your ceiling rose installed. If you’re installing a larger ceiling rose, you may want to have additional support by installing some screws. We recommend popping in 3 drywall screws to all our roses for that extra bit of adhesion. Fix the screws at an angle for extra strength.
- That’s it, ceiling rose installed.
Why Choose Our Ceiling Roses
Unlike others, our ceiling roses are made from polyurethane making them extremely lightweight and durable. They’re easy to install and are perfect for a DIY project, although we can install if you prefer.
Most importantly, our large range of designs means we have a ceiling rose to suit every style of home.