When partition walls are used in interior spaces, there are a few key things to consider in order to ensure the best results. First, it is important to determine the purpose of the partition wall. This will help to determine the appropriate material and construction method. Partition walls can be used for privacy, improving acoustics, or fire separation.
Once the purpose of the partition wall has been determined, the next step is to select the appropriate material. There are a variety of materials that can be used for partition walls, including drywall, plaster, wood, glass, and metal. Each material has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose the one that best suits the needs of the space.
There’s more to partition walls
While you may make your decisions for your partition walls based on aesthetics, there are also several requirements from the construction side of things that determines a good partition wall:
- It should be light to reduce the self-weight load, but also be rigid to withstand vibrations.
- It should also be easy to install and disassemble, as this will save time and money during the construction process.
- Ideally it should be fire resistant and have good acoustic properties to ensure the safety and comfort of occupants in your office or home.
- It should be strong enough to support decorative surfaces (e.g. wallpaper or mirror) without sagging or otherwise becoming damaged over time.
- When partition walls are used in offices or other commercial settings, they should also be able to support cabling for power, data, and telecommunications. This is especially important if the partition wall is going to be used to divide large open spaces like conference rooms or cubicle farms.
If you are planning on placing partition walls in your home or office, you now know the key things that should be considered before starting the construction process. It is important that you plan your walls carefully to ensure that your partition walls meet your needs and expectations.
At Authentic Additions, we don’t just do ceilings – we do walls too! Whether you need to install new walls, repair damaged ones or improve on your existing walls, we can do it all. This includes the metal grid work system for installation of Gyprock boards so there’s no additional cost to hiring another tradesperson for the same job.
Simply contact us for an obligation free quote from our professional team. We look forward to helping you with all your wall needs!